Time to put the needle on the record...........
I love this saying....Put the needle on the record!
To me it means gotta get going Allison! It’s time to rock and roll and work hard, work fast and work furiously. Time to put some loud music on and make some art! Music is essential to get inspired for me. I love my music.
There’s really 3 stages to clay: hand building, painting/glazing( I always call it painting because it really is painting for me) I create my designs and then paint them. Once at an art festival another potter came over and asked me my process. I started explaining to her that I am a painter posing as a potter. She kinda of looked at me weirdly and said “That explains everything, your work is beautiful”. What a compliment! The best ever coming from another artist. She also said “You’re selling your stuff too cheap”, but that’s a conversation for another day😊. Oh, and the third stage of clay is firing.Firing is firing, no creativity there, unless you fire raku, that is a creative process! But, I haven’t gone there.
For me the best part of the process is painting my designs on my ceramics. The whole process of hand building is fun but sometimes so cumbersome. In a perfect world, I would have someone else making my dishes and stuff while I painted my designs. SO........ I guess we go back to my image of myself- a painter posing as a potter. Quite a revolutionary thought.
Anyway Thursday thoughts... almost to my favorite day of the week! Hang in there, Friday is right around the corner.
Comments
Post a Comment